Thursday 28 January 2010

Bait

moebius fish
aka arty-farty shot


HUZZAH!  I've found my camera cable so I can finally add peekchures to my second abc-along post of the year!

So, yes.  The infamous Fish Hat [Dead or Alive] by Thelma Egberts from the Winter 2008 issue of Knitty.  And lots of 'em!  I was a little remiss, really, as I was intending to make some of these for the four little boys in England for their Christmas in 2008 but time was not of the essence.  (I must point out that the Amazon vouchers that I sent were gleefully spent on Thomas the Tank Engine stuff instead!)  And essence of time was missing this year too, as these hats are only now winging their way across the Channel to their unsuspecting recipients.  Hey, what's a month between friends?  (If I really wanted to be pedantic, I could point out that Mr JC was more than likely born in March, anyway, so I'm actually early!  Heh!)

one for o

one for s and one for j

and a half-fish beanie for B

I suspect I really need to start my 2010 Christmas knitting, oh, round about now, if I have any chance of getting them done in time... Going by my current rate of success anyway!

:: edges away from the wronicles feeling rather sheepish... ::

(or should that be fishish?)


5 comments:

stringplay Thursday 4 February 2010 at 21:12:00 GMT  

What FUN caps. Love the eyes as well.

PatchWork Farms Friday 5 February 2010 at 14:31:00 GMT  

I love these fish head hats...been on my to do list for awhile. I'd better get to it before my son gets to big to wear funny hats!

Mary Saturday 6 February 2010 at 02:45:00 GMT  

So cute!

Annie Monday 8 February 2010 at 18:14:00 GMT  

Actually I think it's pretty late to start making the christmas presents. I think I'll start making christmas cards soon... Tomorrow?! Probably not, though.
Loved your fish!

minipurl Wednesday 10 February 2010 at 01:59:00 GMT  

Love those hats!!!!!

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP