Wednesday 10 March 2010

Elation. An Elegy, Part the Second.

Otherwise entitled: "The Sock Support" surprise: The Reason Behind Writing the Last Post of DOOOOM.


Ravelry never ceases to amaze and astound me.  Yes, there is a wealth of patterns to be found.  Yes, there is technical help and advice around every corner.  Yes, you can join a group with fellow fibrists who share your love of socks, 'Lost', David Tennant, or playing the mouth organ.  Okay, I'm not positive about that last one, but if there's not one now, it can't be long...  But above all, yes, you can find friends.

Today I have been humbled by the kindness that has flowed over the intertubez from people in Ravelry.  I don't really have the words for this, which is most unlike my normal verbose self, but I am above all buoyed-up by their support.  I'm almost embarrassed with the attention, in fact.  So, thank you to everyone who was involved in the Sock Support project (for want of another name) and especially to Scrubmonkey and Craftswoman who, legend has it, masterminded the whole shebang.  I have no idea how they did it, but gift horses were never meant to be orally examined!

Thank you!

And in the true spirit of Completely Pointless and Arbitrary, I give you skipping electricity pylons.  Because I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous Thursday 11 March 2010 at 18:45:00 GMT  

Mwah!

Anonymous Thursday 11 March 2010 at 19:06:00 GMT  

I second the "Mwah!", and have to say that the skipping pylons are a scream!

Mind yourself!

Lori Friday 30 April 2010 at 21:17:00 BST  

This made my day!

minipurl Tuesday 11 May 2010 at 21:02:00 BST  

Priceless :)

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP