Wednesday 10 March 2010

Down In The Dumps. An Elegy, Part the First

marjory the trash heap

Now, as you all know, I'm not one for parading my innermost feelings about on the interwebz.  Well, at least not on something as public as my Wronicles, at any rate.  Saying that, I do wish my three avid readers to know that the reason I've not been keeping up-to-date, Wronicles-wise, is not because of you.  It's truly not you.  It's me...  But don't worry, this isn't going to be a 'Dear John' post, in fact, just the opposite.  But you need to read on to see whether I've finally flipped or not...

So, where was I?  Oh yes, it's not you, it's me...  And it's The Fates.

red shakespeare

The Fates and I are not on the best of terms at the moment. They seem to take great pleasure in scaling tremendous heights then dumping crap on my life from the icy regions above.  But let's be honest here: with the current state of financial crap-dom and the knock-on effects, Fate is having a WHALE of a time, least of all with me.  But, as all things must be worn-down by the ceaseless pounding of Time and Murphy's Law No. 332 (the one involving saving up to buy a pint of beer but tripping up over a bar-stool and watching said beer go flying onto the local thug's brand-new leather jacket), so has this Fraggle's spirit been ground down.  Or as much as something so ethereal can be flattened. Hmmm, might have to go back and change something to include the Wind of Fate instead.  Although, no - being blown away by Murphy's Wind of Fortune smacks of something altogether of a more unsavoury olfactory theme...

But I digress.  Slightly.  Really, this is just a little post to say that things are on top of me at the moment that make functioning on a normal level slightly tricky.  My poor Wronicles are again falling by the way-side.  I've barely knit anything for months and as for designing?  Well, I've started to pick up my latest alcoholic sock pattern again, but mostly have just looked at it and put it back down.  I have, however, figured out what to do with the heel.  So all is not lost.  I may have even figured out what to do with the cuff.  We shall get there in the end...

1 comments:

sloth-knits Thursday 11 March 2010 at 05:07:00 GMT  

I'm sorry to hear things have been rough! I hope they work out soon.

Mair Bloag Weejits

Footerin' Aboot

Footerin' Aboot
Heh! I'm so funny!

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP